get this gear!
a near life experience.
 
Information about health, drugs and online pharmacy.
Health Articles
i use words as mozart would a piano.
archives


get this gear!

Friday, November 10, 2006

   

i finish work and head inland from the fashion capital of melbourne and metaphorically-vomit on my way there - not becasue i hate the people - i dont hate them at all - its just that they are all trying to be what my unemployed-semi-depressed-almost-alcoholic friends actually are - yet, when it comes to the face to face combat in everyone's favourite bars of oh-so-cool-melbourne, they wouldnt have a sip of their cool-style-of-dig that-intellectuality
so i have two hours to wait - story of my life - one happy hour - but my girlfriend is talking faces down the road, so i keep my place and head into a far too fashionable bar on flinders street and spend my time and wait - jesus, i've been reading bukowski for a couple of weeks now, and it makes us all feel alive when we live what we think - then i realise it's still cupday this thursday - and soon this shitty newold bar fills with the bright loud and colourful – I fit right in, oh my sisters

im standing at the bar alone, still thinking thoughts and wondering "did i really do this in vegas?" - no one can really answer that, and I certainly didn’t try, I just enjoyed the question -and i wonder why everyone calls me a thinker, the quiet one, an observer, so depressed, and my favourire - shut up with that philosophy shit...hippy

a girl from the horse races, dressed up in her feathery flowery costume, slips in next to me at the crowded bar to order some kind of ridiculus drink – “oh sorry” I say, and I move slightly sideways to give her more room to order and to move my bag out of the way

“no! don’t say sorry! Never say sorry Don’t put your head down like that – you should never put your head down like that! Never, never put ur head down when you’re saying sorry! – never put your head down like that!! Keep your head up! You should never do that”

and im stunned – what? – wha? – where? – how in the? – enough said, im stunned,confused and have absolutely no idea where to start – I don’t say anything except just like keep my shoulders shrugged and shake my in little vibrations of confusion for around 5 solid seconds – where do I start?! How can I reply to something like that?

In the end she orders her drinks and we stand in silence as she waits for them – she picks them up and turns to leave the bar and return to where she came from, leaving me in peace and a state of inner disorientation and confusion – as she does, she bumps into a man walking quickly by, and spills half of her drink on me and my shirt

And, my friends… she says apologises

ps - i get into more trouble in internet forums than in real life

posted by Simon Friday, November 10, 2006


 
Powered By Blogger TM